Official:PRC – People’s Republic of China
People's Republic of China
National State Faction
Socialism, Communist Party Dictature
50,000 – 80,000
Forbidden / Atheistic Materialism
"For the Republic!"
One of the most powerful factions in the Post-Event world and definitely the most populated. China managed to make a technological and economical breakthrough during the 21st century, setting it aside the major economic giants such as The Fourth Reich or Euro-American Confederation. PRC controls the largest territory and owns most of the asteroid mining facilities; however, it is still a step behind the two mentioned factions in terms of technology and geopolitics. Chinese care for their territory, protecting it using aggressive means. Diplomatically, their only friend is the Russian Union, and the rest of the political powers are either neutral or hostile towards them. Chinese don’t mind human rights or other international law treaties and still hold a significant position in international politics thanks to their size, military power and material wealth. The only ships the Chinese tolerate in their own territory apart of their own are the small independent corporations (Space Mining Ltd., Trade & Transport Ltd.) China refuses any cooperation with OmniCorp and doesn’t allow entry of their vessels into its territory, collaboration and any negotiation with OmniCorp is considered treason and is punished with the death sentence.
Chinese space military forces consist of over a thousand heavy fighters; the most popular of which are the Jiuquan II and III. Although not being the peak in the technology, Chinese leadership tends to send Jiuquan fighters in mid-sized wings of at least 8 craft and tactically using even larger groups of hundreds of those fighters, generally outnumbering the enemy.
- President Yao Peng (*2024)
- Supreme Commander Wen Jintao (*2032)
- 1949 – The Chinese Revolution occurs, putting an end to conflict between two warring sides (Chinese Nationalist Party and Chinese Communist Party) and setting Mao Zedong and his communist party into the supreme rule of China.
- 1966 – Shuguang 1, first Chinese manned space shuttle development started.
- 24th April 1970 – First Chinese satellite Dong Fang Hong successfully launched.
- 1989 – Massacre at Tian-an-men square takes place. The official body count is 241 dead. However, Russian politburo intelligence reports find in Soviet archives estimated over 3,000 deaths at Tien-an-men square and several thousands in the streets of Beijing. NATO intelligence estimates a total of 7,000 deaths. According to Chinese Red Cross, 2,600 die by the morning of 4th June. This event is later denied.
- 15th October 2003 – First Chinese human spaceflight aboard Shenzhou 5 space shuttle. PRC thus becomes the third country in the world (after Soviet Union and United States) capable of independent human spaceflight launch.
- 2021 – Chinese Space Station (CSS) program launched. Shuttles with materials and equipment for construction of mankind’s new space station, solely Chinese and independent of ISS also launched.
- 2029 – The Chinese Space Station construction finished. China is able to conduct independent hi-tech research experiments outside the Earth’s gravity field and do so unmonitored by international media and scientific public.
- 2037 – Several huge asteroid mining operations launched, over 200 Chinese space shuttles assigned for mining and transportation of the mined materials back to CSS take part. The orbital foundry creates several factories to produce ship parts and robotically assemble them while in orbit. Millions of tons of materials are mined every day for use by Chinese Space Program.
- 2040-57 – China is able to send the largest population into space, outnumbering even Euro-American Confederation by thousands. There are over 70,000 Chinese citizens living long-term in space by 2057, outnumbering even EAC - China 74,362 colonists, EAC 61,398 colonists.
- 2068 – A census declares over 200,000 Chinese citizens living in space.
- 2070 – Solar accident crushes the population of Earth and causes decrease in number of people living outside the Earth’s boundaries as well. By 2071, about two thirds of the Chinese space population seems to be missing. The official census done after the solar event catastrophe results indicates there were 68,572 Chinese citizens alive.
- 2072 – Chinese declare EAC to be solely responsible of the solar event and claim official charges against lead EAC politicians and scientists involved in Project Genesis.
- 2073 – China bans all traffic through its territory by members of EAC and OmniCorp. During the first few months, several EAC citizens in their space ships attempt to make their journey shorter through the Chinese territory and are killed. Objections of EAC at the international court are unsuccessful; China maintains sovereignty over its territory.