Official:EAC – Euro-American Confederation
"United We Stand - Divided We Fall."
By many other factions, EAC is held responsible for the current situation of mankind. Being a mixture of democracy, individualism and capitalism, EAC is a hive of neo-post-modern space culture combining hundreds of various life views, religious, political and racial backgrounds and social standings. Before the Solar Event, EAC was participating in the Second Cold War and Second Space Race with China (supported by Russia). Unlike the situation in the First Cold War, where the United States clearly overwhelmed the Soviet Union, both the Second Cold War and Second Space Race were much more even endeavors. China also achieved more success in the Pre-Solar Event space construction and mining. However, EAC still had far more links with the world’s most important democratic countries, which finally lead to its technological and economic superiority on the Earth. Meanwhile, China managed to achieve superiority in space (according to the population census of 2057). China employs the power of unity, de-individualization and the strength of symbolism. The direct result is a national communist identity, leading into great sport, military and production achievements at the cost of innovation and efficiency. Conversely, EAC utilizes the best of human potential thanks to combining private sector ingenuity with right-wing politics. This gave EAC an inherit advantage over China in the fields of science, technology and political influence. EAC maintains trade and other partnerships and treaties with most of the legal factions in the post-Solar universe, while China chose to isolate itself to its only partnership with Russian Union.
- President Christine Fawkes (*2041)
- Supreme Commander William Norman White (*2031)
- 4th April 1949 - North Atlantic Treaty – NATO forms as a reaction to the events of World War II. Apart from western European countries, NATO founding members included Canada and the United States, making it a counter power to the Soviet Union.
- 1989 – With the fall of the Iron Curtain, Europe is no longer divided into Western and Eastern territories.
- 1992 - Maastricht Treaty - The European Union is born out of 12 members of former European Communities.
- 28th January 1998 – 15 governments signed the Space Station Intergovernmental Agreement. Works on International Space Station (ISS) begin. The ISS is expected to remain in operation until at least 2020.
- 7th October 2029 – The United States, NATO and EU merge after years of diplomatic negotiations into one humongous super-power as a counter against the growing economic strength of China. Euro-American Confederation is born from the former EU, United States, Canada, Australia and members of NATO. The new conglomerate is officially formed upon the Universal Declaration of Human Rights from 1948, revised more recently in 2024. All members of EAC accept the additional amendments; Russia and China refuse to sign, decrying its “crypto pro-western attitude”.
- 11th October 2029 – Just a few days after formation of EAC, Russia and China conduct military training together.
- 14th - 15th October 2029 – Chinese president Hu Yinping and Russian president Mikhail Fjodorov meet for two days of long negotiations.
- 26th October 2029 – The beginning of the Second Cold War. China and Russia signed Anti-Imperial pact, stating that “both nations shall keep their sovereignty and independence and support each other in economic and political struggles against any present or future capitalist conspiracy or threat”.
- 2030 – ISS, even after extending its lifetime due to reparation and change of most of its components is becoming obsolete and is scheduled for dismissal in 2032. Meanwhile, plans for a new confederation space station are conceived; the project is given the name Prometheus.
- 2031 – First shuttle with crew and parts for construction of Confederation’s Prometheus is launched. Intensive operations follow in the next two years.
- 2033 – Prometheus is habitable and long-term stay of up to 160 astronauts is made possible. However, compared to ISS, Prometheus is meant to be suitable not only for research purposes, but also as a preliminary space foundry and drop-off point for materials mined on asteroids. The project is still a few years behind the Chinese Space Station, however, significant progress is made and hi-tech equipment is employed.
- 2034 – First mining ship successfully unloaded its cargo in Prometheus Orbital Foundry. Within less than a month, materials are processed and the first Confederation mining ship is built completely in space using asteroid-mined materials. The Confederation is only two years behind schedule compared to China.
- 2040-57 – The era of great space colonization is conducted by all major nations of Earth. By 2057, a huge census of space colonists is held, leading into shocking results: China is represented by 74,362 colonists, while EAC 61,398 colonists. Despite all efforts, China seems to be more successful in the Second Space Race.
- 12th April 2061 – EAC’s branch scientific division FSRE officially announced plans for the construction of Project Genesis. China objects, but arguments of Chinese politicians and scientists are considered merely a part of anti-imperialist propaganda. While Chinese space industry is more wide spread than that of the EAC, China is envious of the EAC’s high-end technological advancements. Project Genesis only increases Chinese envy and fervor of their scientists, however, the Chinese have no possible means to thwart the EAC plans for Genesis.
- 2070 – Project Genesis launched, leading to the catastrophic wide scale destruction of the solar system called The Solar Event. Moons and planets are shattered into pieces, creating new asteroid fields. Billions of people die together with the Earth, massive solar storms kill additional thousands of space colonists. EAC is held responsible for the accident, especially by its major enemy China.
- 2072 – Official accusations against EAC and their leading scientific personal are claimed, international court proceedings are held. Dr. Rainier dies in an accident during his transport to the trial held in Chinese territory.